Alpine collector in West Norwood?!

If you've seen any interesting cars post here...

Moderators: eastlmark, BIG_MVS, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

Joshy

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:39 am

Alpine collector in West Norwood?!

Postby Joshy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:43 pm

Right, I'm not much of an expert on these cars, in fact, I know NOTHING about them what so ever, but I discovered a couple of weeks ago that there is a bit of a Alpine collector literally around the corner from me - On a causal walk around the block, I noticed that on a driveway there were 2 - 3 Aplines in varying states of togetherness (from my googling, I think they were GTAs, but again I'm not an expert) and a rather nice blue one parked on the side of the road.

Now, I didn't show too much interest as I'd probably give the wrong impression being a young guy having a nose about on a nice car (I've been accused of being upto something dodgey before when I was taking pictures of a abandoned MGB roadster in and it's not a very nice feeling :(), so I decided to come back here, do a bit of research and see if I could find the owner, and the owners club seemed the best place to start!

A search on this site says that there is a a man in West Norwood called Paul Sage is known to the Apline community. Judging by the rarity of these cars, surely be must be the person in question... unless there are more than 1 Alpine fans in the west norwood area! :shock:

I'm not expert on these cars, but I am a massive petrolhead and would love to have a nose about on your collection. If you have any idea who the man with the 4 GTAs is in West Norwood, please let me know

Thanks

Josh
no avatar
User

maxi.man

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 07, 2007 11:32 pm

Postby maxi.man » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the bloke who has them is well dodgy
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 pm

A search on this site says that there is a a man in West Norwood called Paul Sage is known to the Apline community

Most likely Paul's cars.

Give him a call on 02087666480. He might even convince you to buy one!
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

More than one Alpine owner

Postby si21 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:16 pm

stephendell wrote:
A search on this site says that there is a a man in West Norwood called Paul Sage is known to the Apline community

Most likely Paul's cars.

Give him a call on 02087666480. He might even convince you to buy one!

in the West Norwood Area :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol

In fact I would say that this is the biggest concentration of Alpines in a 10 mile radius in the whole country when you think about it :?:

si21
User

silverdreammachine

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:34 pm

Northants

Postby silverdreammachine » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Not so sure about that Si!
I thought that I had the only GTA in this part of Northamptonshire but when I had the car parked outside my house, others came out the woodwork! I found a guy 3 miles away with a GTA atmo and another guy 2 miles away with a GTA turbo! :shock: Gobsmacked to say the least!
Thing is, they seem to only bring them out on high days and holidays which is why you never see them, mine, i'm in it every time I can (well I was until the missus saw how much my petrol bill is).
How strange life can be :?:
'88 Renault Alpine GTA turbo. '77 Triumph Stag. '93 Impreza WRX. '92 XJS 4.0 facelift. '71 Triumph GT6 Mk2. '05 Jaguar X Type.
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Well I own two

Postby si21 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:49 pm

silverdreammachine wrote:Not so sure about that Si!
I thought that I had the only GTA in this part of Northamptonshire but when I had the car parked outside my house, others came out the woodwork! I found a guy 3 miles away with a GTA atmo and another guy 2 miles away with a GTA turbo! :shock: Gobsmacked to say the least!
Thing is, they seem to only bring them out on high days and holidays which is why you never see them, mine, i'm in it every time I can (well I was until the missus saw how much my petrol bill is).

Mr Dell owns ???!!!! ( too many) 7 I think and there are a couple locally; one to me and one to Mr Dell and one I spotted from Herne Hill that Paul looks after and Pauls collection, thats quite a few in a 10 mile radius considering total number of cars. Its strange actually as the stronghold for 21 Turbos being in one spot was in the South East to.

In fact I would probably say an 8 mile radius would capture us :shock:

Thats a total of about 17 or more 8)

I am sure there are more just a few more mile away, Mr Dell?

Si21
User

silverdreammachine

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Northants

Postby silverdreammachine » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Okay Si,
Thats a lot of Alp's :lol:

By the way I used to have a 21 Turbo Quadra, metallic blue with black leather, loved it to bits. Wish now I had never sold it!
'88 Renault Alpine GTA turbo. '77 Triumph Stag. '93 Impreza WRX. '92 XJS 4.0 facelift. '71 Triumph GT6 Mk2. '05 Jaguar X Type.
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

I got one in Blue

Postby si21 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:28 pm

silverdreammachine wrote:Okay Si,

By the way I used to have a 21 Turbo Quadra, metallic blue with black leather, loved it to bits. Wish now I had never sold it!

In need of some tender loving care fancy a project?
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Re: I got one in Blue

Postby si21 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:31 pm

si21 wrote:
silverdreammachine wrote:Okay Si,

In need of some tender loving care fancy a project?

Oh and I just remembered another few although these may be just outside the the 8 mile ring fence, at least another 2 Alpines

si21
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:07 pm

silverdreammachine wrote:Not so sure about that Si!

Petrol is cheap, wait till your misses buys a half liter bottle of water from Smiths at 99p. or a can of pop at 50p (£1.50 a litre). Then you can justify your cheap GTA.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

silverdreammachine

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Northants

Postby silverdreammachine » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:36 pm

You haven't met my missus! :shock:

• Advertisement