OMG - Red/Plum A610 Just Seen Written off - Hope driver ok??

If you've seen any interesting cars post here...

Moderators: eastlmark, BIG_MVS, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

andy001

Rank

Non Member

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Postby andy001 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:38 pm

just spotted this shocking news.glad to here justin and jason are ok.
chin up you two, take a few days, im sure things will work out ok.
best wishes to you both,
andy and sheryl
User

simonsays74

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Belfast (££££ Zone!!)

Postby simonsays74 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:24 pm

I'm guessing that this was the A610 that John picked up in Belfast?

Glad to hear that you are ok and hope your brothers hand is not so bad that it stops him working.
no avatar
User

TONY LAW

Rank

Non Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:45 pm

Essex

Postby TONY LAW » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi Richard,yes that's the one,I couldnt believe it when I saw this post last night,what a shock. At least they are OK.Could this be the shortest Alpine ownership!!
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:28 am

Oh my, I hope you both get well soon, and take it easy. As to the car, you never know you might get something out of it yet, let's hope anyway.
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:47 pm

Hope they paid cash john :wink:
seriously though, shocked to read this unfolding story. Really hope you two will be up and on the road again soon.
no avatar
User

jb644

Rank

Non Member

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 am

Cheshire

Postby jb644 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:14 pm

I would firstly like to thank all the people who have wished me well on my recovery and those concerned about myself and Justin in the accident.

I have only been released from hospital at teatime tonight after the second operation on my hand. I have a broken finger finger and a deep cut on my hand that has slashed one of my tendions. The docs have nearly manged to close the wound. but not fully. In time my hand should be get back to normal.

Regarding the car, words cannot desribe how absolutey gutted I am.
I understand how much work had gone into it by John and his Dad. It must n't have been easy reading this post.
In my short ownership, i was totally hooked by the car and the whole Alpine experience.

The long haul of dealing with the insurace starts now, hopefully I will get the agreed value for it.
The hunt for another will start then, IF I have n't been 'blackballed' by the club, and someone is willing to sell me one :cry:

Once again thanks for the support.

Jason Black.
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:34 pm

I really feel for you Jason. I can't begin to imagine how I would feel. Good luck with the insurance. These things happen but it is so unfortunate that it should happen so early in your ownership. Do you think the car stood up pretty well to the impact? Considering the age of the cars and the lack of modern safety aids, I'm just glad nothing too serious occured in the way of injuries to either of you. Hope to see you at a meeting soon.

All the best, John
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:13 pm

What a way to be "spotted" hey? :lol:

Glad to hear your OK Jason, hand sounds nasty though :cry: Hope it heals up OK.

I do admire your enthusiasm for another after what has happened, no I'm not selling you mine :lol:
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
no avatar
User

jb644

Rank

Non Member

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 am

Cheshire

Postby jb644 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:03 am

mellowyellowa610 wrote:I really feel for you Jason. I can't begin to imagine how I would feel. Good luck with the insurance. These things happen but it is so unfortunate that it should happen so early in your ownership. Do you think the car stood up pretty well to the impact? Considering the age of the cars and the lack of modern safety aids, I'm just glad nothing too serious occured in the way of injuries to either of you. Hope to see you at a meeting soon.

All the best, John

John, I thought the car stood up quite well to the impact, although it was resonably slow at maybe 20mph. The drivers side A post and drivers door took most of the impact. I think the fornt of the car went under the armco barrier and crushed the A post on it's why round to spinning 360.
Just tells mr that the A610's have side impact protection in the doors which would have helped.

Jason
User

mellowyellowa610

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Chester, Cheshire

Postby mellowyellowa610 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:53 am

Just noticed this post on V6Clio.net. Very sad news about this young fella and just a little reminder to us all to be careful out there!

http://v6clio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13782

R.I.P.
Previous

• Advertisement