Silver GTA Turbo

If you've seen any interesting cars post here...

Moderators: eastlmark, BIG_MVS, Test Moderator

no avatar
User

Warwick

Rank

Non Member

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Cardiff

Silver GTA Turbo

Postby Warwick » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Oooo!!!! Who was having their lovely silver GTA turbo professionally photographed at Longcross Studios / Test Track today?
Warwick.
Making stuff..... then blowing it up!
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Re: Silver GTA Turbo

Postby si21 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 am

Warwick wrote:Oooo!!!! Who was having their lovely silver GTA turbo professionally photographed at Longcross Studios / Test Track today?

Mr Taylor where have you been hiding :?:
User

Paul Taylor

Rank

Non Member

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Reading, Berkshire

Postby Paul Taylor » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Possibly the guy that brought mine, as he lives over that way.

This car ?.
http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/ ... php?t=4713
2016 Mercedes A200d 2.2 AMG, 7sp DCT.
2003 Renault Laguna II 3.0 24v V6 Diamonique Auto.
no avatar
User

Warwick

Rank

Non Member

Cardiff

Postby Warwick » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Not that one, No stickers on the side and door cards unmodified. It all looked pretty original, Renault badged and with Renault Performance Centre badges on the front wings, private plate, black velour and a PJ Autos sticker in the rear screen.
Warwick.
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:39 pm

Not me.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User

AlanM

Rank

Non Member

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Surrey

Postby AlanM » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:12 pm

It was my silver GTA Turbo at Longcross back in September and the reason it was there was for a group test of three 1980's supercars for Porsche 911 World magazine.

The GTA was pitched against a 911 Carrera 3.2 and a Ferrari 328GTS and it was fascinating to drive all three one after the other and see how differently the French, Germans and Italians tackled the job of building high performance sports cars 20 odd years ago.

Although all three have very similar performance they achieve it in quite different ways with the GTA being the least powerful but scoring on low drag and light weight. The general view at Longcross was that it was impossible to directly compare one against the other or say which one's best as they are so different in character.

I think the GTA surprised the 911 owner with its overall driving ability and sharpness. Personally I've never 'got' 911's and every time I drive one I can't help being reminded of my wife's first car - a 1972 Beetle...

For the record my GTA was built in 1986 and was the 11th RHD car imported into the UK. Renault UK used it as a press/management car for the first 2 years before selling it to a guy in Sussex. He used to take it back to Jean Redele in Dieppe every year to be serviced (I’ve got the receipts!) and I bought it from him in 1995 with not many miles on the clock. It’s totally original and is looked after by Paul Sage.

Alan
no avatar
User

Warwick

Rank

Non Member

Cardiff

Postby Warwick » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:19 pm

It certainly looked very nice, I was there working on Dark Shadows and was really suprised to see one there. I'm hoping to get a spin around the track myself when I finish mine, although worryingly if you turn up early on a Tuesday the side over the bridge is closed off because they are shooting deer, you don't what one of those jumping out at you, do you!
Warwick.

• Advertisement