User

Alpineandy

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:37 am

North Essex

Postby Alpineandy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:21 pm

mogster242 wrote:Every bit carefully bagged and labelled so i know how it goes back together... :roll:

And lots of photos!
Alpine A110, Renault Safrane 2.5dt, Hudson Kindred Spirit (Renault powered), transAlp (Honda) and Ducati Multistrada
User

mogster242

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Bournemouth

Postby mogster242 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:50 pm

yes loads of photos :D the problem will be to find the right picture when i want to put it back together :lol:
1989 GTA V6 Turbo Grey
Megane R26 F1
Clio 197
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm only a phone call away if you get confused :wink:
Looks like you are cracking on 8) Could be matrix leaking but it wouldn't explain the fusebox and rest ....Probably you have two leaks .
Foam etc is sound deadening and covers the whole tunnel front to back .I would just try and dry it out with some heat/time .If matrix needs replacing then that is possible without pulling the whole tunnel .
Any worries just give me a call but remember whatever the issues it's all the fault of the Frenchies in the first place :lol:
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Postby MFaulks » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:31 pm

.... and if it goes up in smoke, you could have french fries :-)

Looks like you need to replace your front timing cover oil seal, and probably the rear as good measure too. Did you get the gearbox with this as well?
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/maftecfaulks
User

mogster242

Rank

Non Member

Bournemouth

Postby mogster242 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:53 pm

clee wrote:I'm only a phone call away if you get confused :wink:
Looks like you are cracking on 8) Could be matrix leaking but it wouldn't explain the fusebox and rest ....Probably you have two leaks .
Foam etc is sound deadening and covers the whole tunnel front to back .I would just try and dry it out with some heat/time .If matrix needs replacing then that is possible without pulling the whole tunnel .
Any worries just give me a call but remember whatever the issues it's all the fault of the Frenchies in the first place :lol:

Thanks for the offer Lee, i will pick up the fone soon enough i'm sure :wink:

sound deadening? no need for that then, it will come off and that will save some weight :D

MFaulks wrote:.
Looks like you need to replace your front timing cover oil seal, and probably the rear as good measure too. Did you get the gearbox with this as well?

i have a full set of seals as most seem to leak and rocker covers and chain cover have been sealed with silicone...
1989 GTA V6 Turbo Grey
Megane R26 F1
Clio 197
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:11 am

If you haven't got a sump gasket, going to get one and procuring from SAuto, get his "A" suffix version as the better one - i.e non cork poobelle...
... A diamond is only a piece of coal that did well under pressure... PRV afflicted, may be I need to squeeze harder!!!!

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Well parts are coming together, balanced shaft is back, and compressor cover and back plate is now all machined to match, so will start the assembly in the coming days 8) ... exciting, this is going to be a nice hybrid on your machine :)

User

mogster242

Rank

Non Member

Bournemouth

Postby mogster242 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Woohoo! A nice big shiny one :lol: :lol:

Looking good :wink: good work Martin. I have a feeling Christmas is going to be good this year :D
1989 GTA V6 Turbo Grey
Megane R26 F1
Clio 197
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:58 pm

No probs Cedric :wink: I should have the core all built up tomorrow, no hanging about here mate, but need your donor turbo to finish off please.

Looking at the thick carbon and colouration on the inside of those headers, it has been running a tad rich.. Have you got a Lambda boss in your down pipe? If not you will need to get one fitted.

Cheers,
Martin

User

mogster242

Rank

Non Member

Bournemouth

Postby mogster242 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 pm

If you haven't got a sump gasket, going to get one and procuring from SAuto, get his "A" suffix version as the better one - i.e non cork poobelle...

No probs Cedric :wink: I should have the core all built up tomorrow, no hanging about here mate, but need your donor turbo to finish off please.

It's in the post so you should have it in the next few days :D

Looking at the thick carbon and colouration on the inside of those headers, it has been running a tad rich.. Have you got a Lambda boss in your down pipe? If not you will need to get one fitted.

do you mean inside the inlet manifold? yes it is quite oily...
i think there is a lambda boss but will double check...
1989 GTA V6 Turbo Grey
Megane R26 F1
Clio 197
User

mogster242

Rank

Non Member

Bournemouth

Postby mogster242 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:31 pm

removed the rocker covers and got rid of the nasty silicone seals :D

next need to remove those bits to access the chain cover and take it off but i dont have the right tools...

also need to clean the muck in the vee, somehow... yucky stuff!!!

been playing with sand on friday :D

not quite finished, maybe next friday?
1989 GTA V6 Turbo Grey
Megane R26 F1
Clio 197
no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:11 am

Hi Cedric,

No I was talking about the inside of the exhaust headers, one of the photos you posted earlier, rather heavily sooty... so a tad rich. Anyway, you will need to adjust what ever map you have now in the ecu with the revised turbo anyway.

Looks like you may have a leak from the water divider to block (swimming Vee), should be sealed with o-rings, and as you are stripping worth refreshing.

Now, glass bead &/or sand cleaning and engine builds isn't a great idea, best off with walnut shell (breaks down and is harmless to engine internals)... glass and sand gets lodged in all sorts of awkward to clean places, surface cracks and even in the grain structure / surface of the metal depending your gun pressure, and then comes out later in the oil with the thermal cycling - hot / cold. So I strongly suggest you get scrubbing, hot soapy washing, and then pressure wash. Please don't use glass or sand, word to the wise...

Don't forget to mark up your timing wheel, and then remember when you fit it back on you will need to clock it up so it's not running out, or your timing will vary. It doesn’t look like it is self centring on a boss?

I see you have the early heavy rocker arms, you will need to change these to the later alloy type, so best get chatting to the usual sources, I’m sure some one will be able to help you out on those.

Cheers,
Martin

no avatar
User

MFaulks

Rank

Non Member

Postby MFaulks » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:30 am

Hi Cedric,

Well here are a couple of snaps of your new turbo as promised. First, the old and rather worn / tired compressor wheel…

BTW you didn’t have a steel flange sealing gasket, so I have put a new one in, I’ll swap it for some springs :-)

Question to PaulyA610, I have forgotten, what colour spring do I need to have a 12psi or thereabout cracking pressure, was it blue, I know it’s the one before the red heaviest one? That was a great deal on the actuator and spring kit by the way, and I would like to order the two parts up as well, cash and Northern meet?

The old one; smoothly does it…

Actuator and bracket made up:

Final thing:

Photobucket has removed the simple quick resize for something all singing and dancing that I don’t have the patients for, so to see the build up then just browse the full album here:

http://s1078.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 0329443093

Cheers,
Martin :wink: :wink:

User

PaulyA610

Rank

Non Member

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Gloucester

Postby PaulyA610 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks mr F I have PMed you the info bud,yes I will bring one up for you fella on the northern meet.
This is a great build cedric looks like it is coming along nicely, will be developing some forge related upgrades for the GTA/610s this year!!
Lotus Evora 400
Renault R8
Renault Megane R.S 265 Trophy
Renault megane sport tourer

GAZ Suspension Dealer,SPAX Dealer, Forge Motorsport Dealer,Alpine ICE Dealer,
User

mogster242

Rank

Non Member

Bournemouth

Postby mogster242 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:49 pm

PaulyA610 wrote: will be developing some forge related upgrades for the GTA/610s this year!!

looking forward to this :wink:
1989 GTA V6 Turbo Grey
Megane R26 F1
Clio 197
PreviousNext

• Advertisement