User

Oldskoolbaby

Rank

Non Member

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Northampton

Rebirth of a turbo v6

Postby Oldskoolbaby » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Haven't been on here for a while. Thought I'd post some pics of my new(ish) project. After fitting a 3.5 litre vq35 in the back of my old Nocturne Clio v6 the opportunity came up to buy the retired turbocharged car that MikeT once developed. I bought it needing an engine built for it, a Motec ecu and a good deal of recommissioning. There will be a few changes externally to the car but it will largely be running mechanically as it last was originally. However this time with Arrow conrods and Weisco forged pistons. It was last running around 500hp and I have the proof L7X conrods bend at that! The Sadev gearbox will have a quick inspection and service and refitted too.

This is as the car arrived at my driveway.
image.jpg

image.jpg

After a bit of cleaning thanks to Shaun, Mr Patchall and my brother.
image.jpg

image.jpg

The car hasn't seen much work yet as myself and brother insisted we should build a small engine assembly room to put together our engines properly. That will be completed in the next week or so. Once done, the engine for his car, my old one, will take priority. That will be an ex TWR/Lotus development engine which we are supercharging using a kit originally fitted to my car. Once the turbo and supercharged engines are together, I will post the progress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement