Alpines at Wheeler Dealer Trackday Brandshatch 9th Dec £99

Competion events, results and regulations.

Moderators: eastlmark, simontaylor, Test Moderator

User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Sandbach

Postby BIG_MVS » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Thanks for posting the pics. Looking forward to watching it on telly :wink:
1994 A610 - Montana Red (For Sale)
no avatar
User

Brenchleytec

Rank

Non Member

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:58 pm

Brenchley, Tonbridge, Kent

Brands Track Day

Postby Brenchleytec » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Some more pic's

Renault GTA Turbo
Renault GTA Turbo
Renault 21 TXE Quadra
Renault RS Clio 172
Renault 19 16V
Renault Megane
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:23 pm

a vid from pistonheads. taken from a old 911 (I think), Stephens car features at around 2 mins but obviously not driven by him as it overtakes!

Phil Gardener also appears around 13.46 pressurising a MX5 into a spin. Probably not worth wasting life watching the rest though.

http://youtu.be/7sMXn1gWfF8
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:41 pm

eastlmark wrote:a vid from pistonheads. taken from a old 911 (I think), Stephens car features at around 2 mins but obviously not driven by him as it overtakes!

Phil Gardener also appears around 13.46 pressurising a MX5 into a spin. Probably not worth wasting life watching the rest though.

oops wrong vid, try here:
http://youtu.be/JvcTdhIdKCg
no avatar
User

OpentrackDave

Rank

Non Member

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:30 am

Cambridge

Postby OpentrackDave » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Evening All .
Well sorry for the late reply but i did not get back until late last night and i was out to work this morning at 05.00 ;-((

Anyway first of all i would like to say a big thank you !
Everyone drove really well on the day and everyone on the track day commented on how good the cars looked. I even got a phone call from someone in the head office building, saying they looked great.

Photos from the day will be done in a few days Monday or Tuesday as Tony Harrison the photographer is away shooting this weekend and will deal with them all when he gets back. He will upload them to the flicker account which you can then access and have a good look at the pics' . From here you can download 'Large" files etc and even turn the pic's in to mouse mats etc . The Images are all free so when they are done just help yourself.

There was a good mix of cars on the the day but everyone got on well together ...... as far as i know ;-) . As mentioned in a previous post i will put up a "Alpine" section on my site and to enter it just use a pass code and then on that page i will do a discounted price for club members. This is then good for a few reasons.
You chaps get to save a few pounds or even Euros for some of you, and i get some nice cars on the track day. As i don't advertise bar the flyers etc ( i hope you all got one ) i generally get to know where people have come from. That way everyone tends to get along with one another and after a few days everyone will know most of the other track drivers. This i find not only makes for a good track day but also a good social gathering of like minded people having fun with cars. which is what it is all about.
One of the Subaru drivers has posted up a whole load of pic's on facebook for those of you that use it here is a link : i hope it works.
http://www.facebook.com/BRI4N.ESC#!/med ... 091&type=1

Anyway i hope you all had a good time, and hopefully i will get to see some of you out and about in 2012 .
If anyone has Any track related questions any time feel free to ask away, i tend to find i have to much useless track related knowledge in my brain.
Again many thank.
Dave
Opentrack track days
"always open pit lane"
no avatar
User

rupert

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:39 pm

Plymouth, Devon

Postby rupert » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Great day... more please!

a couple of my pics....

User

si21

Rank

Non Member

Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

S.E London

Many Thanks Dave

Postby si21 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Brands will be a must next year Padock bend was amazing some andthing l definately want to experience again 8)

For all those peo ol le that think.track days are full of idiots,trying to kill themselves and others this was not at all like this. All drivers drove extremely well, the Marshall extremely good with flags warning of faster vehicles those Radicals were.suped qiick; but everyone just moved right came off the gas and let the,quicker car through. Everyone.drove to a high standard with only a couple of offs on a very cold track, especially damp and slippery in the morning.

I.would.definately recomend one of these days to any club member 8)

I had the time of my life and as I.said previously .....its the best £99 I have ever spent.

Steve how about a couple more club track day with Dave next year please

Si21
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Re: Many Thanks Dave

Postby eastlmark » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:25 pm

si21 wrote: those Radicals were.suped qiick;

Jades, not Radicals.

forgive you error though.
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:25 pm

eastlmark wrote:
eastlmark wrote:a vid from pistonheads. taken from a old 911 (I think), Stephens car features at around 2 mins but obviously not driven by him as it overtakes!

oops wrong vid, try here:
http://youtu.be/JvcTdhIdKCg

it was Mike Wilds driving the Dellboy Spider
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Re: Many Thanks Dave

Postby si21 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:03 am

eastlmark wrote:
si21 wrote: those Radicals were.suped qiick;

Jades, not Radicals.

forgive you error though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I should.think so.took; as I only ever saw one filling my mirror round Druids or Graham Hill bend when i moved ovrrif you blinked they were already disappearing into the distance :shock:

One came past me 2/3 rds of the way down the main straight I would have been hitting just over 90 mph and god only.knows.what speed it was doing; sounded incredible. Mind you the
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

Not so smart phone user

Postby si21 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:32 am

...Sorry pressed the wrong button Mind you the Spiders sounded fantastic flat shiffting; it all seamed a little surreal I can remember standing as a child/teenager watch cars race round Brands dreaming what it would be like to be able to drive the circuit and to actually drive it harry flatters was a childhood dream come true 8) i had to pinch myself :lol:

Dave does another day at Spa ....another dream.....anyone elses :idea: : E?: [/i]
User

andyh877

Rank

Non Member

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:11 am

Alpine France

Postby andyh877 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:13 am

Alps lapping around Spa should be awesome i've been there with the spider and had a great time..... sounds like a plan for next year.... no WSR.... Trackday at Spa ,

Brands was ideal and it was a school day and quite a few people turned up i surprised how many judging on past friday arranged track events for the club, seemed like everyone had a great time the cars behaved them selves except mine for once had a little glitch..... (thanks for the fuse simon) we must make it a regular thing as Brands really suits the spider and it was where the very first Spider Cup race was held in the UK in 96, maybe we can do the full GP circuit next time 8) plus the organisation is done by a 3rd party and i must say it's put my faith back into driving UK tracks again, Mr D doesn't have to spend loads of his time arranging stuff like a brunters day for example.... Perfect. When's the next one.....? hopefully when the weather's a little warmer please
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

As above........

Postby si21 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:28 am

As above...Spa .......Alpines and anything Renault Sport......sounds like a plan Andy.....you at Le Bus Stop 8) :lol:

You would not beleive I only picked those fuses up just before leaving Andy

Knowing the electrical gremlins I have been experiencing I thought I'd better pick them up :lol: just glad they sorted you out.

Cant wait for next season now hopefully the car will be on coil overs and have the lower diff ratio fitted and that will make the car quicker, cirtainly at Brands i found 3rd a bit too high through Clearways and betwwen Druids and Graham hill it was touch and go between hanging onto 2nd or briefly changing to third only to drop back to 2nd to take the bend; the earlier change will give better acceleration especially in 3rd and 4th which can only help the cars speed down the straights.

I was quite frustrated at points on the circuit where i would be quicker than some cars through the bends including a couple of Porshes and lotuses and and a Vauxhall Astra VXRk I'd pull up to to their exhaust but then tbeir extra power in a sraight line meant they had the legs on me on the straight and slowly opened a small gap again :lol: I soon started to use my brain :shock: :shock: and braked earlier held back and tben used my exit speed to even it up a bit and i did manage to get passed a few times :P. A little more power and straight line speed and tighter handling will see me improving lap times quite a bit.

So looking forward to next year so much now I am worse than a kid at Christmas :lol:

Stephen one word Spa 8)

Si21
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

As above........

Postby si21 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:20 pm

As above...Spa .......Alpines and anything Renault Sport......sounds like a plan Andy.....you at Le Bus Stop 8) :lol:

Knowing the electrical gremlins I have been experiencing I thought I'd better pick them up :lol: just glad they sorted you out.

Cant wait for next season now hopefully the car will be on coil overs and have the lower diff ratio fitted and that will make the car quicker, cirtainly at Brands i found 3rd a bit too high through Clearways and betwwen Druids and Graham hill it was touch and go between hanging onto 2nd or briefly changing to third only to drop back to 2nd to take the bend; the earlier change will give better acceleration especially in 3rd and 4th which can only help the cars speed down the straights.

I was quite frustrated at points on the circuit where i would be quicker than some cars through the bends including a couple of Porshes and lotuses and and a Vauxhall Astra VXRk I'd pull up to to their exhaust but then tbeir extra power in a sraight line meant they had the legs on me on the straight and slowly opened a small gap again :lol: I soon started to use my brain :shock: :shock: and braked earlier held back and tben used my exit speed to even it up a bit and i did manage to get passed a few times :P. A little more power and straight line speed and tighter handling will see me improving lap times quite a bit.

So looking forward to next year so much now I am worse than a kid at Christmas :lol:

Stephen one word Spa 8)

Si21
User

si21

Rank

Non Member

S.E London

As above........

Postby si21 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Stephen one word Spa 8)

Si21
PreviousNext

• Advertisement