RAOC super team

Competion events, results and regulations.

Moderators: eastlmark, simontaylor, Test Moderator

User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Re: RAOC super team

Postby simontaylor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:44 pm

The boy is quick and seems to make effort efficient progress.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:03 pm

Thruxton 14th August

We are racing at Thruxton on August 14th (Sunday) Should have a couple of spares if anyone needs.....

Willing to buy some if a crowd wants to come but need to know before (Friday this week 5th) as we only get a special offer until then, If not they will be available for you to buy on the gate at £12 on the day.
Motors TV covering this race (not live AFAIK)
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:57 pm

one spare free ticket up for grabs for the TV spectacular on Sunday.... Good for Saturday too although we wont be there then.
Will need to get it in the post early in the week so let us know ASAP
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, 5 gt turbo, 5 Gordini turbo, Megane RS 300 Trophy.
User

RobS

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 am

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Postby RobS » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:23 pm

Good luck to the team for Sunday. Sorry, I can't find an excuse to be there as my son who lives in Hampshire is up in Leeds for a wedding this weekend.

No chance you will be doing Donington on 3rd/4th September I suppose?
'82 R5 Alpine Turbo, '98 Fiat Barchetta, '97 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, '04 Subaru Forester XT
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:15 pm

RobS wrote:Good luck to the team for Sunday. Sorry, I can't find an excuse to be there as my son who lives in Hampshire is up in Leeds for a wedding this weekend.

No chance you will be doing Donington on 3rd/4th September I suppose?

Looking unlikely Rob, off to Japan next week and only back a day or so before Donington.. Will decide for sure after the weekend.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:13 pm

On TV.
Our Thruxton race is scheduled to be on Motors TV, Tomorrow, Wednesday September 7th at 8PM.
The meeting has been divided up into a few programs so, knowing Motors they might not show the scheduled programme so who knows, anyway, our race is due then.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:51 am

having initially decided to skip the next races in favour of doing an end of season Clio cup race,(did not fancy shipping our engine over to Dieppe for inspection and re sealing!) we are now instead racing at Cadwell Park on Saturday Sept 17th. Riku is driving on his for this event.
Should have some passes spare if anyone wants to come along.. Practice 9.40 race 14.20.
User

RobS

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 am

Rugeley, Staffordshire

Postby RobS » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:48 am

Sorry Mark, can't do the Saturday unfortunately. Don't think I could make the Oulton Park date either, if you were doing that!
'82 R5 Alpine Turbo, '98 Fiat Barchetta, '97 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, '04 Subaru Forester XT
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:13 pm

RobS wrote:Sorry Mark, can't do the Saturday unfortunately. Don't think I could make the Oulton Park date either, if you were doing that!

No bother Rob, got help lined up for Cadwell, and a place to stay! think it might be a track to suit the car.
Will decide on Oulton after this one.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:40 pm

well,doing this Cadwell event was a last minute decision against a nice relaxing track day at Croix.... ..

Weather for Saturday was showing clouds but no rain on every forecast, even as late as Saturday morning when I got up. Despite this, it was constant drizzle to heavy fine rain all day long pretty much. Wet tyres then and Riku having to learn the track peering through a misted up screen. none the less, he qualified 6th out of 21. Although we were outclassed by a 172 Clio (modified) that was in a class of its own in the wet and a good 3 seconds quicker.
Race time then and after a brief respite for lunch, the drizzle returned- seems our race and qualifying got the worse of the days rain.
Great start and up to second briefly but the 172 clio got past on the run up the hill but disaster at the downhill Mansfield when he locked up the fronts (despite careful braking) and was a passenger for a moment spearing straight on at the 90 degree lefthander.... luckily there is an escape road and a bit of grass action brought him back on the track but now in 7th and engrossed in a great battle between a Ginetta G50 and a Porsche Boxster with a recklessly driven BMW M3 adding to the mix.
Being a solo driver for this race, it was up to me when to bring him in and I played the waiting game as others pitted he had some clear track and was setting consistent fast times as well as the pit lane being a bit crowded I decided to leave it till the last moment. A good pit stop too, but the safety car had come out and he was stopped at the end of the pit road for it to come around before being released, now 17th and lap down! Once more, a race compromised by being caught at the pit lane exit. Some deft overtaking got him up to 12 by the end but we were 3rd in class- our worse result of the year. as a post script, the 172 Clio received a 30 second time penalty for unsafe pit release so, had we not got caught in the pits we would have had 2nd place in class for sure and probably a top 5 overall. Good news is the car is in one piece... now watch the video below to see just how scary this place is in the wet. Should have gone to Croix!

https://youtu.be/W56OKiuKBk0
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Fleet, Hampshire

Postby simontaylor » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:23 am

Worst = 3rd in Class, LOL, thats a great year out I would say.
Nice driving, I am sure it was frustrating but looked very good on camera passing other cars.
I will see if I can catch a lap from Goodwood at the weekend, looks like it could be wet too, but there will not be any over taking for sure.

Not sure about the video You Tube chose to follow
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:28 am

simontaylor wrote:

Not sure about the video You Tube chose to follow

don't know what you got there Simon, but I got the view from the orange Porsche, good view of our start and going off on the first lap, then zip forward to 13.00 to see Ricky alongside just as the yellow flags come out but followed through by an M3 that completely ignored them.
https://youtu.be/ShKUGiWptdw
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:52 pm

Oulton Park. Saturday October 15th

Out for the last time this year at Oulton Park on the 15th October.
looking for someone to help out with the pit stops, no experience necessary, free lunch (burger van), race day ticket and a lot of standing around doing not much. ( I am not selling this very well am I) Any of you northern members interested?
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Non Member

East London

Postby eastlmark » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:09 am

last race of the year then, wet qualifying so started way down, lost a few more places at the start but fought back to 23rd, (out of 40). In with the modern classics for this race so a lot of cars we don't normally race against, 911's, 944's, Lotus Esprit, V8 engine Sierra, Smart car! etc Phil takes the start- his first ever standing start I think.
Highlights video is here: https://youtu.be/XV60XDo-dNU
no avatar
User

TONY LAW

Rank

Non Member

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:45 pm

Essex

Postby TONY LAW » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:17 am

Well done guys,I can't believe it's the end of the season already,still you've had some great races and the car has been good.The in car footage is great and more exciting than F1.Cheers Tony.
PreviousNext

• Advertisement